1.Establishing your website goals.
- Who are you trying to connect with.
- What actions do you want them to take.
- Identify if the site needs to integrate with other business processes.
2. Customer and market research.
- Define the keywords and search terms that your customers use.
- Define the types of web applications your customers are likely to interact with.
- Scope your competitors.
- Check what your Competitors doing well on the web.
- Define your point of difference.
- Define questions your customers will want answered.
- Define the stories your customers identify with.
3. Create your website content.
- Identify clearly what your company does when customers first reach your page.
- Identify clearly the benefits your service or products provide.
- Identify your point of difference.
- Answer the questions you identified for customers in Q2.
- Include the stories you identified in Q2.
- Include the keywords identified in Q2.
- Include Social Media, Videos and interactive content.
4. Define your website structure
- Identify the pages your website will have.
- Identify which pages each piece of content you have will sit.
- Work out how these pages will connect to make a clear path for your customers.
- Evaluate your processes are they simple for customers? eg. your shopping cart
- Evaluate the action points, are they clearly defined? eg. contact pages
5. Create your website design
- Include Your brand elements and colours.
- Ensure your pages are not overcrowded.
- Does your design set you apart from the competition.
- Are you using the latest website usability standards in your HTML & CSS.
- Don't forget your favicon and 404 page.
6. Run site testing.
- Check your site for spelling errors.
- Check your links are all working.
- Check your design is compatible with multiple devices, browsers and operating systems.
- Check your design is not slow to load.
- Use the W3C validation tool.
- Test any forms or processes are functioning as they should.
- Do some user testing to identify any problems.
7. Launch your new website
- Backup your site.
- Create 301 Redirects for existing websites that are moving.
- Set up Google for business - Local Business and Google Maps listing.
- Enable Google Analytics.
- Set up Google and Bing Webmaster Accounts.
- Create a Site Map and submit it.
- Install SSL certificate.
- Submit site to appropriate directories.
- Connect you Social Media Account or create new ones.
- Create a website release marketing plan.